Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Piece of Art


4. Another piece of art that I feel relates to confessional poetry was a picture drawn by a three year old. When I asked her to draw a picture of herself I felt that it would reveal how she really saw herself. As confessional poetry does, this drawing reveals something about the little girl. The drawing is of herself in a dress, with legs but no arms. When asked why she was wearing a dress in the picture she responded with, “Because I’m a girl”. This revealed to me how “girly” she is and her perspective of what girls should wear. Before drawing her arms she decided to draw what she called her toys on the paper. This revealed to me that she cared more about her toys then including her own arms on her body in the picture. As confessional poems do this drawing revealed several things to me which I why I feel that this drawing relates to confessional poetry.

No comments: